Friends School of Minnesota’s fabulous St. Paul Public Schools school counselor, Chi Fomafung, gave a presentation to our middle school students about Managing Stress and Developing Your Personal Resilience.
His presentation covered:
- what is stress +/-
- the nature of stress-in and outside of ourselves
- personal choices
- what is personal resiliency
- how to develop personal resiliency
- mental toughness
Every year, St. Paul Public Schools provides Friends School of Minnesota with a guidance counselor for our 7th and 8th graders. If there is time in his schedule, 5th and 6th graders can also take advantage of this service.
This year, Chi Fomafung will be working with FSM
- to support students who are struggling academically, and
- to provide guidance for students seeking social-emotional support.
–Jeannette Lutter-Gardella, Assistant Head of School